Friday, February 18, 2011

Being Neglected

Neglection is a very serious matter; so serious it can easily be turned in to depression. Being neglected gives you a weird feeling in your chest, your heart. Well at least for me that’s how and what I feel. Sometimes we aren’t really being neglected we just seem like we are. But that still hurts our feelings. When you’re being neglect, you’re being ignored. It’s like no one likes you anymore and no one wants to pay attention to you. You just feel like an outcast to the world. Just thinking about it myself as I write this, makes me remember how I felt, and it’s just not a good feeling.
In our youth today many teens are being neglected a lot, mostly by parents. I have never been neglected by my mom so I have no clue what that is like. But if I was to be neglected by her I wouldn’t know what to do. For some people, friends are all they have, and being ignored by them is a heart breaking moment for them. When that happens they try to keep their mind off of it, which is a good thing, but they do it in a bad way. They go out and do something stupid, something that would get them in trouble with the law.  Or even worse, they run away and no one ever here’s from them again. Some say this is to happen to girls more because we are more emotional then guys. It’s true and there is NOTHING wrong with that. Because of that boys make fun of it, but it’s a something God gave us for a reason.
Just like the boy in my book that I am reading, Darnell Rock Reporting, by Walter Dean Myers, he wanted to live a better his life. He was tired of being in trouble all the time and was going to get kicked out of his school if he didn’t straighten up. He was taking the right step to change but his crew that he was always with didn’t like it. He wanted to do both, change and hang with his crew, but his “corner crew” wasn’t having it. They started ignoring him and he was being neglected by his friends. He started second guessing himself on whether he’s really making the right choice. That’s the only reason why he was being neglected and he didn’t like that feeling, and that’s natural.
I personally have felt neglected by almost everyone I know. It’s usually by family. I feel like they don’t always pay attention to me; like they’re not worried about me and they go on with their life. I want to scream, “Hello I’m here. Did you forget about me?” Then when that happens I turn to my friends. Other times I’m neglected by friends. But when that happens I don’t go running to my family. I turn to a really close friend of mine or a cousin I’m really close with. I know the pain of going through it because it happens to me pretty frequently. Sometimes I just go into this weird mood where I feel like people are ignoring me but they’re not. I know people who also go through that and realized I’m not alone. Talking to someone about it or just about anything is ALWAYS the best thing to do. You always have to know you’re not alone.

For different stories on neglect visit http://www.childabusecharity.com/2007/December/Child-Abuse-and-Neglect-Devastating-Stories.htm

6 comments:

  1. i like this article.. i think you should keep doing this , it has alot of good info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Now that I know its a way to get through this. Today you have showed me that there is hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is some good stuff. I would like to see more keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deirdra, great blog. Can you add the title and the author of the book you talk about?
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Blog. I should have you be my counselor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People are fun creatures. We think we experience things that others don't understand.
    when someone writes about it we then realize what we go through is all too commom. The key is to communicate. Sometimes we get neglected by family who may not realize they are doing it. It is definitly hard when we know we are being neglected. If we don't do something to deal with it, it can cause major or minor scars on who we are. So talk, talk and ask questions.

    ReplyDelete